Indonesia Focuses on Developing 5 Super Priority Destinations Amidst the Pandemic
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy/Tourism and Creative Economy Agency (Kemenparekraf/Baparekraf) continues to focus on developing 5 Super Priority Destinations in Indonesia, namely Borobudur, Likupang, Mandalika, Lake Toba, and Labuan Bajo.
According to the Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy (Menparekraf) Sandiaga Uno, this is one of the direct instructions from President Joko Widodo to improve tourism in Indonesia.
“President Jokowi instructed us to focus on developing the 5 Super Priority Destinations first. Make sure we improve ourselves amid the pandemic. Not only in terms of infrastructure but also from the creative economy side,” said Menparekraf Sandiaga Uno in the Wonderful Indonesia Podcast with celebrity and content creator Raffi Ahmad.
So, why were only 5 Super Priority Destinations chosen? After all, from Sabang to Merauke, from Miangas to Rote Island, Indonesia has many diverse tourism destinations. Each destination even has its advantages for tourists.
“This is also a direct instruction from the president, that if we want to build something, we must focus. Find 5 that have the potential to become ‘New Balis’. If these 5 destinations are ready this year, we will expand next year. Make sure they all have world-class quality,” said Sandiaga Uno.
The 5 Super Priority Destinations were chosen based on several considerations, including:
- Accessibility: The destinations must be easily accessible by air, land, and sea.
- Infrastructure: The destinations must have adequate infrastructure, such as hotels, restaurants, and transportation.
- Attractions: The destinations must have a variety of attractions to appeal to different types of tourists.
- Sustainability: The destinations must be developed sustainably, protecting the environment and benefiting local communities.
The development of the 5 Super Priority Destinations is expected to:
- Increase the number of tourist arrivals to Indonesia.
- Create jobs and boost the local economy.
- Promote Indonesian culture and heritage.
- Protect the environment and ensure sustainable tourism development.
The development of the 5 Super Priority Destinations is a major undertaking that will require the cooperation of all stakeholders, including the government, the private sector, and local communities. With a concerted effort, Indonesia can achieve its goal of becoming a leading tourist destination in the world.
of the trip. After all, what could be better than sitting on a white-sand beach, drinking a pia colada and soaking in the rays without crowds?
“It’s a wonderful destination, we will come back next year for sure!”